The Swan in Thornbury, Almondsbury Creative, the White Horse in Hambrook, Stroud Brewery will join more than 90 other pubs hoping to win big when the annual awards are announced at a ceremony in Manchester on Tuesday, September 19.
The Swan, a popular boozer well-known for its community fundraising in Thornbury high street, has been nominated for the Stonegate Group Pub Partners pub of the year award.
Meanwhile, much-loved village pub the White Horse near Winterbourne has also been nominated for the same award.
Almondsbury Creative, which describes itself as a “thriving hub for arts, entertainment and sports”, has also been nominated for the best pub for families.
In addition, Stroud Brewery has been nominated for best sustainable pub.
The Swan Landlady Sandra Davies said in a statement on Facebook: “We would like to thank everyone who has voted for us in The Great British Pub Awards 2023, we have as many of you will know have got through to the second round
“We recently had an email to say we are now through the third round and we are now in the finals.
“The winner will be announced when we go to Manchester on Tuesday, September 19.
“Thank you to everyone who continues to support us – your support is and always will be amazing to have.”
Mike Powell from Stroud Brewery said: “We are proud to be shortlisted in the Great British Pub Awards for 2023 for most sustainable pub.
“Being sustainable and organic has been a core value of Stroud Brewery since it opened its doors in 2006.
“We continually look for areas to improve – we use 100 per cent renewable energy 25 per cent of which is generated by our own solar panels installed this year.
“We are using our own experience to support the hospitality industry by launching a free guide to ‘Sustainability in Pubs – Getting Started’ to help pubs become greener.
“And in September we will be holding an Organic Beer Festival to promote organic beers with beers from other organic breweries from around the country.”
You can read the full list of nominees here – https://tinyurl.com/mrymjtk3
Finalists in Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire:
Best Pub for Families
- Almondsbury Creative – Almondsbury, South Gloucestershire
- Gaggle of Geese – Buckland Newton, Dorchester, Devon
- Puss in Boots – Offerton, Stockport, Greater Manchester
- The Hightown Pub & Kitchen – Liverpool
- Ye Olde Bridge Inn – Oxton, Nottinghamshire
- The Plough, Normanton on the Wolds – Nottinghamshire
Best Sustainable Pub
- Stroud Brewery Taproom – Stroud, Gloucestershire
- Bat & Ball, Breamore – Hampshire
- Fox & Hounds – Barley, Royston, Hertfordshire
- The Black River Inn – Black Torrington, Devon
- The Loch & the Tyne – Old Windsor, Berkshire
- The Rising Sun – Truro, Cornwall
Stonegate Group Pub Partners Pub of the Year
- The Swan, Thornbury – South Gloucestershire
- White Horse, Hambrook – South Gloucestershire
- The Farmers Arms at Frankby – Wirral, Merseyside
- Crown Inn – Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Allied Arms – Reading, Berkshire
- Woodman, Pinner & Ruislip – Greater London